Mitzels Visit China - 2009


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
July 2nd 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 - June 30, 2009

Dulles - Beijing, China via United Airlines

After a 13 hour fligh, direct to China we arrived safely. Amazing we left at 12:45 p.m on Tuesday and then lost a whole day as we arrived on Wednesday at 1:30 p.m..almost the same time but one day later.

Chinese Health Department came on the plane to check the body temperature of every person on board, before we were allowed to deplane. They wore large gogles, masks, gloves and used a hand held device to check the temps.



Advertisement



2nd July 2009

Just wait-you will also need to take your temperature and record it every time you go to a new place. Where are you staying-we stayed at the Beijing Hotel/Raffles complex. It was beautiful. We arrived home last night at @ 5:40-I made the train home to B-more, but Dr. Martin got left behind. Our trip was amazing!!!-thanks so much for the opportunity. Have lots of pictures and stories to share.
2nd July 2009

Body Temperature
OMg....so crazy..every time we leave the hotel we need to "scan" back in. Our friend, LaTonya (AP at Owings Mills), got stopped at the airport. We just came back from lunch and she was stopped again. This is crazy! Heather - can't wait to talk to you. So Dr. Martin missed the train? lol...
2nd July 2009

Glad to see you guys arrived safely! Is this blog different from the address you sent me earlier?
2nd July 2009

New Blog website
Karl, You are correct. I had to change sites because blogger.com was blocked. It appears that many sites are blocked coming out of China. Fortunately I was able to start one on this site. I am hoping to try to keep everyone posted.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb