9,000000 Bicycle's in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
March 17th 2009
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It is just like Katie Melua sang, there are more bikes than people and we have yet to see any dogs, although i don't know if that is a good thing or not.

We have only been here a day and a half but have been to Ti an men Square, Forbidden Palace and the Summer palace which is amazing. We have experienced the bus and metro system which has been made a lot easier as eveything is also in english and only 20p a ride.

The city is HUGE and takes 20 mins to walk just one block but is covered with smog, no wonder many wear those clinical looking masks. The people have been very friendly and are always smiling, even when no one understands us- thank you Lucy and Ross for the picture dictionary, it has caused much amusement amongst fellow travellers, locals and us and come in very handy.

Our hostel is huge, with its own restaurant, supermarket, internet, bar and musical instruments just in case you get in the mood to make some music i guess. Although Naila is a hostel veteran, i am slowly coming round to sharing bathrooms and bedroms with total strangers (though i still sleep with one eye open) but at 8 quid a night i can't complain.


Tomorrow we are off to walk the Great Wall and have a 5am start, so we better go and get our beauty sleep now.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb