Beijing CCTV English - Day 8 Top 3 Finalist!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
May 22nd 2008
Published: May 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Beijing


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Performance 69 secs
2: Thanks Everyone 30 secs
3: Torch Relay Question 55 secs
4: Annie's Competition - Peter from Xi'an 55 secs
5: 1st Round Performance 76 secs
6: Story Telliing 77 secs

***UPDATE NEWS***


Great news! We just learned that Annie has made it to the Top 3 Finalist. We think she will compete again tomorrow for the crowning of the champion. Stay tuned!!!

***UPDATE NEWS***


We have just learned that Annie has been selected as one of the Top 6 finalist. She will compete again on Thursday 5/29 for the selection of the Top 3 and then the champion will be selected this weekend. I have added a couple of new videos of her performance. Hope you enjoy! What a great experience for us all.



***UPDATE NEWS***


Just a brief update to let you know Annie has advanced to the top 8. Quite an honor out of 1.3 billion people. She will compete again on Tuesday. We'll keep you posted.

***************************************************************************************
We made our way to Beijing this week as we travel about 1200 miles north for the CCTV Outlook English Finals.

The top 20 students for each age group competed in the 1st round of competition today. Annie's is the Jr. High group and her competition is defintely getting tougher.

We were all a bit nervous as to the outcome for Day 1, but Annie performed very well and was selected as 1 of the top 10!

Her next round of competition will be on Sunday and then they will select 6 finalist to move on. This has been quite a ride.

Check out our photos from the Day 1 competition. I will have some video posted later.

Photos



Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb