Time to move again


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
May 8th 2008
Published: May 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After having a bad cold in Beijing after Mongolia, it is time to move again. There is still no reply from the Olympics and I'm tired on sitting on my ass waiting, so I'm going to Xi'an for some days and after that Xinjiang.

Havn't really walked around in Beijing that much because of the sickness, but the city sure looks different, more green so to say. The new stadium looks awesome, it will be the an eye-catcher during the olympic. I have a problem remenbering its name in Chinese which is "bird's nest", "bird's shit" would be an easier name to remenber but I wouldn't dare to use it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Tian'an Men SquareTian'an Men Square
Tian'an Men Square

Symbol of Beijing, I guess
nationlismnationlism
nationlism

I'm really impressed of the pride and entusiasm among the Chinese people for the Olympics. If you turn on the TV, every TV channel is viewing something about it. Security has tightened as well, the govement is trying to regulate the flow of tourism, traffic and workers from the countryside, it feels almost as Russia.
"Bird's nest""Bird's nest"
"Bird's nest"

With a capacity of 90 000 birds (it would generate a LOT of bird shit).
extreme make-overextreme make-over
extreme make-over

Never seen so many trees and flowers in Beijing. Pavements are getting fixed as well.


8th May 2008

we will meet on day after tomorrow in Xi'an, I'm so excited, but at the same time,,,,um,,, see you soon, my dear!
9th May 2008

Bird´s nest
"Bird´s nest" is little difficult for you to write in chinese. You should stick three "grass" on a "fruit".

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0826s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb