Plans come together


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
September 23rd 2005
Published: September 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well we returned to the travel agency this morning again by taxi.The driver missed the location by a few blocks but we felt we could make it on foot and were reasonably sure that we were in fact near the place so we walked the last little bit.Sure enough there it was!! An omen. The travel plan has come together and our tickets arrive here at Bob's place tomorrow.We leave Sunday night by night soft sleeper? train to Xi'an to see Terra Cotta warriors. I don't have all the details here at this writing so will update you later. Ann is off biking and checking out the fit of the jacket she had made. FLASH! she is back and the jacket is a great success and price about 13 dollars canadian..
Tonight we go to see the acrobats and perhaps Happy Hour at the Canadian embassy.Your tax dollars at work folks keep em coming.
Tomorrow is the Great Wall,Bob has lined up a van and driver from the embassy so we will be able to travel instyle. I will be back later with updates from the acrobats.
PS Had more Peking Duck for lunch.I am getting better with the chop sticks but do not yet blend in.I suppose being a giant white person doesn't help.
We have been in touch with nephew Noah who turned 21 today and is living in Nanjing,We will stay with him as we move around.He is partying tonight and apparently last night.
Bye for now from Beijing
PPS the Mao watch has died
PPP It was the Great Helmsman not Communicator.I think that was Ronald Reagan. They both would be turning over in their graves.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb