Day 292 - In front of your very eyes


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
April 20th 2007
Published: April 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Waking up and looking out the window to see a big huge wall off in the distance is a first for us. We were so looking forward to the route explained in our guide book, as this lead us up and right next to the wall so that we got a good view of it as we then descend into the valley that Beijing sits in. This never happened, and in fact we did not see anymore of the wall and instead saw the inside of 58 tunnels.

Beijing Station was massive, but what was excellent was that the hotel we were booked in was just across the 8 lane road in front of it. So once settled into our room and showered we got ourselves tickets to a performance of Chinese acrobatics. On the way to the theatre we stopped off at a recommended Sushi bar and had what is the best, creamiest, tastiest salmon we have ever had, apart from the Torridon hotel salmon, which is still a favourite of ours.

The acrobatics show was well just AMAZING and awe inspiring. Things that you never thought possible, or even still thought were impossible once you had just seen them done, were performed right in front of your very eyes, with no safety nets. We are certain that a few of them will be standing on the gold medal podiums in 2008 proud to be Chinese and getting a medal for their country in their own country.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb