National China Musem- Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Tian'anmen
December 16th 2011
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Across the street from Tian’anmen square on the west side is the National Museum of China. We noticed a lot of the architecture in Beijing is very grand and impressive. The museum is no different. A huge majestic building the museum was a great escape on an extremely cold December day.

From the main entrance there is a huge room that is dedicated to Mao. The red communist banner frames the entrance and there are wall sized paintings that depict the communist struggle in China. Many of the painting are quite moving, capturing the mood of the farmers struggle, the freedom of communism and the heroism of Mao. The paintings show the transition from Mao as a young boy and the story of how he helped to unify China by the farmers. You are not allowed to take any pictures in this room but we did spend a good amount of time in here.

The museum has about 5 floors with a variety of exhibits including some that showcase modern art. The museum is a nominal cost and it’s worth seeing the Communist room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb