Terra-Cotta Warriors and Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Forbidden City
March 26th 2012
Published: March 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Meeting Room in Pit3The Meeting Room in Pit3The Meeting Room in Pit3

This is where the generals and other warriors met.
Hey everyone. This is our last stop, Beijing. Havn't been able to blog recently because of the train rides and no wi-fi.

Yesterday we went to see the Terra-Cotta Warriors. When people come back and say that the room was the size of a football field, you're like 'Yeah, a football field. That's big'. But when you see it, it's just like 'Wow! This IS the size of a football field!!!' The warriors stood between 5 and 6 feet. The tallest warriors were the generals, they were 6 feet. They were all lined up in rows at the front of the building. Near the back workers had blocked off an area where they were still finding some. Then There were warriors standing up in a hospital like area. They still neaeed some maintence. This was all one pit, pit 1. Pit 1 was the biggest of the 3. Pit 3 was the smallest and Pit 2 was fairly large.

In pit 3 it was like a meeting room. Soilders would line up like they were talking to each other. There was an area where the warriores would stand, a small stable area with 4 drivers and 4 horses and
The Man And HorseThe Man And HorseThe Man And Horse

This is the man with the horse. This was the horse with the jade bridle. The jade was melted and made into bridal like materail.
a chariot. There were also the generals. The generals had a horn like hair due on each side. They had the shoes that curved up the most and they had the 'finger'. They were also very wide. This pit was very small.

The 2nd pit was like looking at some dirt area. There was still more work to be done. But there was an area that they tested. They tested the area to make sure they could dig here with out a problem. There were also 4 statues at the top of the pit. In the glass boxes there was the head general, a man with a horse. This horse was the only horse with a Jade bridle, we do not know why the horse had a Jade bridle. There was also a man who does archery and a man who looked like he was doing Kung Fu.

Now we headed off to Muslim Quarter. Here we had only an hour and got sooooooooooooooo much stuff! At least 3 bags full. Plus groceries. Who knew we could do so much in 1 hour???? Then we went to the trian station. It was now time for our final train
The 4 Men And HorsesThe 4 Men And HorsesThe 4 Men And Horses

This was the stable in pit 3. In there picutre there is 4 men and the 4 horses(Not to sure if you can see all of the men)
ride, we had an overnight train. Next stop BEIJING!!!! Good bye Xi'An!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The overnight train was't too bad. We arrived in Beijing about 10 minutes early. We met our guide Vicki and we went to the hotel. We all got organized and then we went to The Pearl Market. Again we bought alot. I even got my snowglobe!!!!!! =) Eventualy we came back to the room and relaxed for about 1 1/2 hours. After that we went for a walk in the park.

What a great way the arrive in Beijing.

See you all really soooooooooooon!!!!!

(= Payton (=

Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb