Trip to Beijing - What an Awesome Place


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Forbidden City
April 8th 2010
Published: April 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

When you are growing up we all dream of visiting fantastic places on our planet, and we have experienced some amazing places together and a few that just Trevor has been too. But even Africa and the Victorian Falls in Zimbabwe is nothing in comparison to the awesome sights of Beijing. We traveled by train to Beijing in a soft sleeper and arrived in Beijing at 7.30 am and decided to walk the 7 klms to our 5 star Hotel overlooking the Forbidden City, and the walk was just a entrée to the sights we were going to see.

Over the next few blog entries we will post pictures off the Forbidden City, Tian'anmen Square, Summer Palace, ancient street markets, modern shopping street and The Great Wall. And a few photos of our hotel and train trip, plus other stuff. We will be returning to Beijing many times but nothing will beat that first visit.

Our very good friend Chenyawei (Amy) who lives in Beijing was our personal guide and she made sure we never got lost and ate at the best restaurants with fantastic food.

So please over the next few blogs enjoy our photos and dream of being here yourself, because you all can if you really want to


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb