Getting ready for the Cambodia adventure.


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
July 18th 2013
Published: July 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Weeks are passing by as Delvene, Sarie and I get ready to head off to Cambodia. There's no secret that it's been one of those trips I have wanted to make. I am especially excited by the prospect of going to Siem Reap and experiencing Angkor Wat. The wonders of Facebook has conntected my to a school friend who is lives in Cambodia, so what started out as just a message to get some local information has now turned into the prospect of a wonderful holiday to experience Cambodia and Laos.

There's much to organise including details around money, immunisations and visas. Fortunately with someone acutally on the ground at the other end we have been able to secure some accommodation, and flights purchased at local prices - not the pricey rates advertised to tourists.

While our holiday may not be as active as some, this is the link to our orgaisers blog and his tour enterprise.

www.paleriders.com.au

Del and I have prided ourselves on being resposnible ethical tourists. We are not interested in giving our money to the multinational hotel chains, so are interested in seeing what this part of Asia has to offer us. There's always plenety to see, so already we have been searching on the internet looking for things to see and do.

Flights from Brisbane are with Virgin however this is a codeshare flight and we will be actually on a Singapore Airlines plane. We are opting to purchase our visa on arrival - this has saved us about $100 in fees that would otherwise have been incurred through the travel agent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb