Cambodia - The Wild West


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
March 5th 2006
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Cambodia - The Wild West


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Angkor Wat  - The  First & Best ViewAngkor Wat  - The  First & Best View
Angkor Wat - The First & Best View

Both Jo and I were awestruck by the magnificent experience that was, Angkor Wat!
On Route to Siem ReapOn Route to Siem Reap
On Route to Siem Reap

Our comfortable journey by pickup truck to Siem Reap! Photo was taken when the truck was without the 10 other passengers, 2 large bags of washing, ten tonnes of varying fruits including large durian underfoot. Please note the elastic band holding my pump in place (which I have yet to loose!)
The Road to NowhereThe Road to Nowhere
The Road to Nowhere

That really is the dust acquired in one afternoon. I have yet to turn into a minging unwashed travelling hippy, although I am trying very hard!
Spot the Faffer!Spot the Faffer!
Spot the Faffer!

Spot the Faffer!
View out over Angkor WatView out over Angkor Wat
View out over Angkor Wat

View out over Angkor Wat
Priviledged PhotoPriviledged Photo
Priviledged Photo

This monk asked us to take a photo with him!
Journey to School on the Tonle SapJourney to School on the Tonle Sap
Journey to School on the Tonle Sap

It seemed like the only way to get to the school on the Tonle Sap river was by boat.
Our Bikes Taking a Well Earned Break!Our Bikes Taking a Well Earned Break!
Our Bikes Taking a Well Earned Break!

Our Bikes Taking a Well Earned Break!
The GallowsThe Gallows
The Gallows

This school exercise pole was used as a gallows for torturing prisoners during the rule of the Khmer Rouge. The school was turned into a prision where thousands of people (including many children and infants) were tortured prior to being sentenced to death.
The PhotosThe Photos
The Photos

Photos of some of the children who were held in the school prison before being sentenced to death. The Khmer kept detailed records including photos of everyone that they captured.
Spot the Odd One Out!Spot the Odd One Out!
Spot the Odd One Out!

And yes we are where your thinking we are!
SihanoukvilleSihanoukville
Sihanoukville

A beautiful Cambodian sunset at Sihanoukville.
Out bikes taking another well earned rest!Out bikes taking another well earned rest!
Out bikes taking another well earned rest!

Out bikes taking another well earned rest!


23rd April 2006

cambodia looks fab!!!
the foto's look mad including yourselves!!! you look very happy well you should be with all that time off work in the sun shine etc... angkor wat looks amazing it must have some experience. i'm jealous. we're there many monks looking for blonde women? Enjoy the rest of your time off work!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb