Phnom Penh Day 1


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
June 21st 2009
Published: June 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Awesome time in Phnom Penh (PP) so far! We were greeted by an entourage of family - faces that I have never seen before, though they knew all about me. They packed in all of our luggage onto the bed of a pickup truck and we were on our way to our Hotel - the Blue River Hotel. Driving around PP was definitely an experience. Very similar to driving around India or Sri Lanka. The road lines are there, but can't figure out the system around here... though it's not as hectic as I imagined. The hotel sits on the bed of the Mekong River and our room has a beautiful view.

Our relatives waited for us while we freshened up and treated us to a great lunch at a restaurant overlooking the river. It was beautiful! While we ate, street vendors kept coming up to us and trying to sell us random stuff like fruits and fried crickets.

After lunch, we went shopping and I bought a beautiful silk fabric for my Cambodian clothes collection.

After shopping we went to a really fancy restaurant where we sat down on pillows on the floor. We had the upper balcony to ourselves and it had a very romantic feel to it.

The weather was just perfect today. It was humid but there were lots of clouds so it wasn't too hot.

Advertisement



24th June 2009

i would have
i've never had fried crickets. but i sure would like to try one!!!!!!1 order to go for me....hope your having fun. corky

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb