Chi Phat


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » West » Koh Kong
December 16th 2012
Published: December 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Time to part ways for Richard and I as we head off to Chi Phat and Kate and Andy go off in search of some beaches.

Richard and I get off on an early bus to Andoung Teuk. Andoung Teuk is a very small village and consisted off a tin shed for a bus station by the bridge over the river and not a lot else.

As we jumped off the bus a moto taxi driver tried to convince us that he could take us the rest of the way with all our luggage, he's one man on a moped... Anyone else see a problem with this equation?!!

Thank fully a nice man came to our rescue asking if we wanted to share a taxi with him and his family to Chi Phat.

The rest of the journey to Chi Phat, in a taxi I hasten to add was about half an hour followed by a small boat trip to take us across the river.

The eco center was very welcoming, we didn't have to book as its based in a village and your staying within the community there's plenty of places to stay. You have a choise of wither staying with a family, in a guest house or they have an eco lodge. We opted for a guesthouse for $5 a night, it was basically a room in a family's house which was really great, the room is cleaner than that of the dreaded mini top banana! And were both embracing the rather refreshing bucket shower
This place is amazing, it was set up to stop the illegal loggers and poachers. The village has no power for most of the day but when the power is on the center still has WiFi. Its amazing the street is filled with Kids playing along with the chickens, ducks, cows and dogs! The place is a totally different world in a good way, we feel totally relaxed and welcome here. Loving it!We have booked ourselves on a trek for tomorrow so off to buy some long sleeve shirts as the heat can aparently get pretty intense.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0949s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb