Still writing about Laos and we are almost leaving Cambodia. Better write faster...


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
March 4th 2014
Published: March 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

O.k. here goes. We visited a few initerestig temples in Vietiane with our tour group. At one of the temples there were lots of monks chanting. Things were winding down for the tour. As we had some free time we decided to go to a temple called wat suk pa luang. We heard there were massages and a sauna at the temple grounds. We got there and wandered around for a while lookig for the spa. Eventually we found out it had burned down and was closed permanently. Undeterred, we decided to explore instead. As we were wondering around a young monk approached us and started a conversation. His English was weak and our Lao was non-existant. He wanted to practice English so we had a long slow very amusing conversation. I felt like we were explorers meeting people in a new country for the first time. It also reminded me of when I have tried to speak french in various foreign countries. I must be speaking it well enough as the person smiles and replies in high speed incomprehensible french. That was the last thing we did in Laos. After that we went to the airport with the tour group, said our goodbyes and went our seperate waysWe went to Siem Reap in Cambodia and they went to Phnom Penh. We are just going out to as early dinner then off to a Cambodian play so I will tell you all about Cambodia next time...p.s. it's amazing!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.365s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb