The Killing Fields


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
August 15th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today was quite an emotional, heart string pulled day. We visited the Killing Fields. This is where a large group of people were killed and buried by the Khmer Rouge led by Pol Pot between 1975 to 1979 after the Cambodian Civil War. It had all the sights where things occurred, including a massive stupur containing thousands of skulls of the deceased and mass graves that bodies/remains were just thrown into.

After this devastating history tour, we had lunch with Bombastic where we tried some frog soup. He then took us to the Russian Market where I bought a new USB stick, only to find when I eventually tried it, it didn't work. So peed off about that!

Later that evening at dinner, Lisa joined us for at least 15 minutes. Lisa, a 9 year old Cambodian, very intelligent young lady wanted us to buy her bracelets. Once she knew we were from England she said, "Lovely Jubbly, diamond geezer" just to quote a few English phrases. Hannah and I both played a game of rock, scissors, paper, stone with her. The rules were best out of 5, if either of us won she would give us one bracelet and if she won we'd have to buy 5 for $2. Hannah won her game and I lost mine.

Making our way back to the guesthouse, we spotted a stall that sold food...very odd food. It was all barbecued, and we had the snake on a stick. There were also numerous creatures that we decided NOT to indulge in.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb