starting the project-Siem Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
October 17th 2012
Published: October 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Angkor WatAngkor WatAngkor Wat

Angkor Wat
Last week the project started, which means I got an introduction on the country on Monday. Then on Tuesday we went on a long bus journey to Siem Reap. There we went for one day to see the temples of Angkor Wat, Bayon and Ta Prohm. It was really nice to see all those temples again with a private guide who was explaining us a lot about the history. On the next day we went to see the floating villages on the Tonle Sap. It was nice to pass by on the boat and see into everybodys houses. The pagoda was located a bit higher, so we went on land to walk around and play with the children. Of course there was a lady selling books and pencils, that we could buy and donate to the children. But I don't know, I hate such things so I refused to buy and just felt bad. I think they wouldn't use those books in school. After that we went to see a silk farm. We saw everything from the worms, pupae to all of the production and weaving till the final cloth. It was really interesting to see! This was already everything from Siem Reap, on the next day we took a bus back home. Seats were so small I couldn't even move my legs!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb