New Year's in Phnom Penh (Dec 2007)


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
January 9th 2008
Published: January 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent New Year's with Si in Phnom Penh which was a lot of fun. Spent the day visiting the palace before getting ready in record time - about 20 mins - for our night out (I've never got ready so quickly for a night out, no hair straightening for me anymore!). We started at 5pm which was probably far too early given the state of the three of us the next day. Anyways Si's friend had booked a boat trip on the river so we drank champagne and had nibbles on the boat for a couple of hours before heading to Naomi's family's garden party . Next were cocktails at Metro (had some gorgeous espresso martinins) and then onto Elsewhere for a few more before going to Spark, a Khmer club, to see the NY in. This place is not like London where you need to buy expensive tickets in advance and stay in one place for most of the night, you can just move from place to place as you wish which is great.

We saw the New Year in to "Jingle Bells" - a little different to the normal Big Ben countdown but equally good! Lou had a little chat to the audience on the microphone and then we were off again, back to Elsewhere. Si's friend Sideth was mine and Lou's moto driver for the night, and we had loads of fun racing around the city on the back of his bike. We ended the night at Heart of Darkness, which is where it gets a little blurry. I was offered money to sleep with two Khmers but declined - our money is not that low yet although Lou was eager to find out how much they were willing to pay, such a caring sister I have! I have a vague recollection of doing the macarena although the worse was yet to come...we ended up at the riverfront ar 7am joining in the group aerobics, check out the video. And yes Si I will be sending this to your friends.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Si getting drunker... Si getting drunker...
Si getting drunker...

Closing one eye to focus properly....


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb