Sights of Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
January 12th 2007
Published: January 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

jessi:
Just appreciate this everyone, cos there's no way we'll be writing in here this often for the next 4/5 weeks! got up earlier today the sights of the city. we did our own walking tour. sounds awesesome hey. you should have seen us by the end. i had more sweat on my back than i've ever sweated in my life (check out the photo lauren, you'd be impressed!!). and our legs are still recovering from the 5 flights of stairs at our hotel in ho chi minh. aside from that, we got to see more of the street life than we would normally. saw the museum. i've always loved buddhas, and this was some SERIOUS buddha-idge. we saw the palace thing which was good. except we weren't allowed in any of the buildings.
darcie:
so we get to the end of this palace and i try to figure out where next... jess, where's the lonely planet.. what, i havent got it, umm.... yes you do... oh thats right, well its just back where i put my shoes back on (about 45 minutes ago)... yep that's right, after two days we lost our guidebook - so we headed out into the city and tried to figure out where to go - the next 20 mintues were very funny as we had the biggest map ever and we are two very white tourists, wow the amount of rides we got offered and we kept doing the nah, we are fine thing, walking off - then realising that we had walked in the total wrong direction, having to walk back past all the drivers. Anyway my fantasic directional skills got us back and we found a $2 photocopy version of the lp guide - killing it!
jessi:
predictably ive already been having back/neck/shoulder issues so we went and got some massages. its a centre where they train blind people. US$4 an hour - awesome as (yes terry, they were actually blind!)
off north to battambang tomoz to do a cooking course!
anyhoo, bye for now!
lots of love j & d x
ps... went to a bar and had 75c longnecks... they played creedance - have u ever seen the rain, and Ellie my gal, i thought of you and my car and your wonderful grooves =)






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The massive map.. The massive map..
The massive map..

Do we fit in with the locals or what??


15th January 2007

After 1 week
Hi Marah and Darc So many adventures in only 1 week. Sounds like you are quickly adapting to the need of having your scam-o-meter on all of the time. Always the secret ingredients for happy travels (as you both seem to be aware of), are smile, be respectful to people and their cultures, be very wary of business propositions, and, finish off with another smile. Aly absolutely cracked up when she saw your photos of the vegies in the wok. Something about that image really got to her...perhaps the simplicity of it all. By the sounds of the markets there the vegies seem to be the safest option I reckon. Great to see that you are both having such a good time. May Tara, the goddess of protection, embrace you both. love from Trev x x.
16th January 2007

our stir fry creations
Trev Trev, We had a little thought about Aly having a laugh at our creations... and yes, i suppose a few vegies in a wok with tofu does seem like a simple creation - but these just werent your normal average green beans... this was morning glory, some flash basil and deep fried tofu in a kahmer style curry paste, that we grounded by hand... so there!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb