Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
November 15th 2006
Published: November 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Had a very weird week:

Spent a day and night in a private Chinese medical centre in Phnom Penh after one of the girls was struck down with a fever that turned out to be gastroenteritis and malaria. She had to stay there for 5 days on a drip...insurance company paying for her to go home now.

Played footy in the Cambodian away kit with some locals on the Olympic stadium pitch in Phnom Penh, capacity 60,000. Scored 2 goals, set up 1 and won 5-4. There were around 3,000 watching, well ok, they were doing Tai Chi in the stands but they were kinda looking at us...

Helped drink the guest house out of gin.

Got chased by a mangey dog.

Got an eye infection. Pharmacy visit was interesting.

Went to a Cambodian nightclub where all the local rich kids go - they all have bodyguards. Did some random dancing whilst feeling like Gulliver in Lilliput. Avoided the local 'ladies of the night' by pretending to be married. "Tooooooo yooooouuunnngggggg"

Watched alot of films.

Went to the Killing Fields where 20,000 are estimated to have been killed by Pol Pot. There was a tree which they used to kill the babies and a palm tree used to cut throats when they'd run out of bullets. Also went to the S21 detention centre, a former school, where people were interrogated & tortured - they had pictures etc... of all of it...was very sickening and sad.

Banged my head yet again on some metal/stone etc...

Ate a frog.

Watched some Premiership footy again 😊

Brummies are the current World Drinking champions after a 9:30am finish followed by a night of no sleep.

Created the ultimate ipod playlist in our 'local' dedicated to the Tango Etrusco and F.E.A.R.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb