Kep - A long day's journey


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kep
May 21st 2011
Published: May 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Finally back in Cambodia after 4 years.

Trip to Phnom Penh was uneventful and then a 2 hour car ride to Kep. The road was largely in good condition and the traffic thinned out fairly quickly as we left PP. Still amazed at the driving skills of people in this part of the world - they have the ability to make 4 or 5 lanes of traffic where there are supposed to be two. Still very much a case of the only road rule is "the bigger you are, the more you rule". I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at the speedo and saw the driver was only doing 70 while weaving in and out of traffic blowing his horn every two seconds. Then I realised the speedo was in Miles per Hour - time to close the eyes and think nice thoughts!

Got our first glimpse of Kep on the way to The Veranda, smaller than I imagined but it looks very interesting. Arrived about midday after three plane trips, many hours in airports and the two hour car trip.

The Veranda is on a hill overlooking the water and out towards Bokor Mountain. A fairly steep drive up but then this lovely oasis with secluded villas a great pool, bars and restaurants.

After being awake for over 24 hours we decided to spend the rest of the day in the pool with interruptions for eating and drinking. Fiinally crashed about 8.00 and then had a wonderful 11 hours sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb