Pass the Salt and Pepper please .... Kampot Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
August 10th 2011
Published: August 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Kampot and it's sister city Kep are very unassuming lazy little towns on the Cambodian South Coast. Famous they are for Peppercorns and to some degree salt. The town only has a few guesthouses and bars but all of them arre very nice as is the town.

We started our day there taking an evening sunset boat cruise (sort of) that included BBQ Prawns, red wine and cheeze and crakers. It was to say the least charming and a nice try but we had a great time as we were the only two on the little boat with a captian, mate and his two kids. I always have a difficult time eating anything that still has it's eyes on it and it took a few days to digest those prawns. The view was stunning and we don't regret the trip.

Next day we did a salt flat and pepercorn farm tour and it was interesting and informative and we bought some very fresh just that week sun dried pepercorns .. red, white and black.

On a side trip to Kep we saw what was a bit of a ghost town of villas that were abandoned by the people when the Kemer Rouge rounded them up and made them move to the countryside where they were later slaughtered. it is dificult to get away from this country's horrible history.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb