Kampot - Rikitikitavi


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
May 24th 2011
Published: May 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

A quiet day with a final swim at the pool. We will miss not having a pool for the next few days but should be busy enough that we wouldn't use it much.

We transferred to the Rikitikitavi by Tuk Tuk, a great 30 minute ride through the countryside. We stopped to pick up the drivers son on the way to drop him to school, it still amazes me to see all the kids dressed in their uniforms (clean white shirt and navy shorts or skirts) despite the fact that at other times they can look so untidy and dirty.

The Riki is in a great location right on the river with great staff, good rooms, soft bed and a great bar/restaurant upstairs looking out over the river. After lunch we headed out for a walk around Kampot. It is quite a compact city with most of the tourist places located close to the river. We found the prison on our walk, looks like a very good reason to behave - reminded me of Midnight Express.

A relatively early night as we have booked a trip up Bokor Mountain tomorrow which includes a jungle trek for an hour and a half uphill!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb