Kampot


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
January 8th 2011
Published: January 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Introduction:
As with many travelers embarking on a tour of South East Asia my disembarkation point was Bangkok. A hedy mix of strong cultural identity, scam artists and sleaze. If you keep your wits about you then you will have one of the most long lasting experiences on your travels, if not you will find yourself falling foul of a few annoyances.

Date Visited:
27th - 2nd February 2010
2nd - 6th March 2010
14th - 17th July 2010

Accomodation:
Most of the new travelers that arrive in Bangkok book accommodation in advance to ensure they have a room upon arrival to this far away new land. This in completely not necessary for all the times i have gone to Bangkok. When people do arrive at all times of the day or night, tired and jet lagged, and see Koh San road's lively nightlife and humming neon signs everywhere and see their nice 12 hour catch up sleep evaporate into nothing and wish they had had a look around for somewhere a little quieter. If they had done this they would have probably found the far more pleasant Soi Rambuttri or at the ??? which i have heard is very good but have never stayed there. I have always stayed on Soi Rambuttri and find it far nicer than Koh San Road but easily within a 5 minute walk. You also get a closer walk to the nearest river taxi jetty which is strongly advised to get around to the main temples of Wat Po, Wat Arun and you can even reach the Grand Palace if you don't mind a little walk round the corner.

Places I have Stayed:
Princess Luang Lam

Baan Babaai Gueshouse, Soi Rambutri
Large guesthouse at the far end of Soi Rambutri

My House, Soi Rambuttri

Drinking:

Eating

Sights

Annoyances and Dangers

Travelling Around:

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 17; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb