How to use a cashpoint


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
February 12th 2009
Published: February 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It is always good to arrive in a town with no money, then read in the Lonely Planet that there are no cashpoints in that town..........................our hearts sank with that bit of knowledge when we arrived in Kampot and had just enough cash for a room but nothing else. I took a wander upto the only bank to see if I could get a cash transfer or draw money off my credit card..................much to my relief on arrival I found they had just installed there 1st ever cashpoint the previous week, and then the fun began. In front of me were a whole family of locals Gradparents through to grandkids all with their shiny new bank cards testing out the ATM for the 1st time. 8 of them and 3 bank staff were all huddled round the machine ohhing and arring every time it beeped or gave them money, it was great, they kept turning round and looking at me in awe and smiling widely, I was loving it and joining in with the cheers...............................20 minutes this went on for, it has made me smile all week.

Anyway Kampot, small little town set on the river, it is really nice
Weirdo'sWeirdo'sWeirdo's

Weirdo's
and chilled. We have been for a riverboat cruise and into the country, sadly the national park with the 3 legged Tiger is shut due to road improvments, so gutted cant go there. Been over to a place called Rabbit Island though which is so tranquil it defies belief. Lovely beach, clear water, thatched bungalows, the works really...................we leaver here tomorrow for more beach life down on the sw coast and then it will be back to Thailand.......................

Right result the other night the Guesthouse we were in showed the Villa game, cant ask for more than that............................

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb