Exploring Siem Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
October 17th 2013
Published: October 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

we spent the day walking around Siem Reap. There are many indoor markets selling various local souvenirs, silk and wooden ornaments. We also stumbled on a food market. This was a bit of shock as you could buy skinned frogs, crabs, chicken claws, all sorts of food, some of it still moving. We had to get away from there as the smell was revolting let alone what we could see. It was hot again today so we found all found a cafe on the corner and had a couple of beers and took some photos of the streets. There are street sellers walking around most with disfigurements, missing limbs etc as the country is covered in land mines.

We then spotted a fish treatment tank in the market that you dip your feet in. So we had a foot treatment. Louise had a foot massage instead. And then we both joined her and had a manicure / pedicure, yes that's right, I, Mark Jones had a manicure and pedicure followed by some clear nail gloss it's just how I roll! During our treatment me and Louise fell asleep and Corrine took some sneaky photos. The people who we're treating us didn't wake us when they finished. They just let us sleep.

That night we got dressed up and went out with some other people from the hostel for drinks, unfortunately I had way too many and was ill but Louise did a great job of looking after me.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1mb