Day 3


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
September 18th 2012
Published: September 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We really thought the temple of Angkor Wat were the most beautiful thing we'd ever see, that was until we rocked up at the orphanage and were greeted by the beautiful smiling faces of the children. Walking down the muddy path into the orphanage was an experience for everybody because it was flooded waist deep in areas.

We were greeted by Sean who told us about the history of the orphanage and then what we would have to do today. Getting started we were split into two groups and sent off to work moving bricks or to teach in the school. Teaching the kids in the school was amazing and so much fun we taught the little kids the alphabet, to count to ten and how to do the hokey poky. It was a tiring day at at the end everyone felt happy and serene. We really started to work well as a group.



Challengers.

Advertisement



30th September 2012

Proud of you!
Well done guys...having this experience with the kids not only gives you a sense of pride in yourselves but also immeasurable worldly wisdom. You can join an exclusive few who have been and seen with their own eyes and add this experience to your growing understanding of the world and its realities. Proud of you all!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb