First Visit to Siem Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
July 23rd 2010
Published: July 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick update!

We're currently in Siem Reap, the entry-point to one of the great Wonders of the World: The Temples of Angkor.

These last 2 days have been spent working: meeting staff at the stores Daron is advising, scouting out hotels to host future visitors to Cambodia (work-related visitors and family and friends!), and trying to find a good place to have a conference this winter.

The best activity, though, was this morning when we were able to visit some of the artisans that produce handicrafts for the stores. We traveled out to 3 of the surrounding villages and saw the artisans at work. It was amazing to see how exact their handiwork is, as many don't have a single electric tool to help! They work right outside their homes and it's a family/neighborhood operation. I will plan to post pictures next week so you can be impressed, too!

Tonight we're going out for a delicious French meal and then will rest-up for our first visit to the Temples, tomorrow! Stay tuned for an update on that exciting adventure!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb