Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
February 25th 2009
Published: February 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Temple in the forestTemple in the forestTemple in the forest

this temple has trees growing out of it and the roots go over and through the walls wicked
We travelled a long way from Lao to Cambodia and what an experience the travelling was not great.

We had to take a bus through the border, this was simply 2 huts with police, and once we had our papers checked and bought the Visa we had the walk through no mans land into Cambodia, where our bus was waiting to take us on in.. we arrived at a place called Kratie and decided to stay over night to break up the travel it was horrible and the first night we used the mosquito net.

We left early the next morning for Siem Riep where the temples are and half way through the 10 hour trip we were told to get off the bus and another one would be a along in an hour or so.. this was scary as we were not sure if one was coming but luckily we were with others..

Small children were trying to sell us fruit and most had bloody great spiders all hairy and the size of tarantulas on there shirts and they came up to us and said hey sister you buy I fry.... I didnt realise at first but there was a huge tray of black crispy things and these were deep fried tarantula's aparently they are a delacacy here... NO we never tried them.

Our bus finally arrived and we got into Siem Riep 5 hours later and found a hotel and we were really pleased to find that this was not so primitive there were some bars and resturants.

But the whole purpose of visiting here was to see the temples of Angkor Wat these were used during the filming of Tomb Raider and were amazing. We hired a tuk tuk for the day and he drove us around all the temples we wanted.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

The Annaconda The Annaconda
The Annaconda

so its referred to and was used in the Angelina Jolie film Tomb Raider
Mr MeanMr Mean
Mr Mean

pronounced me un not mean LOL cool guy


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb