we escaped to Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
August 16th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Firstly we would like to say a big sorry to Dad and Patti, as we know you said you didnt want us to come to Cambodia well we did so sorry, and we are very safe. I guess you can say Im more like you than we both admit hahaha. We arrived in Cambodia, Siem Reap after a very bumpy crazy 3 hour drive from the boarder especially worrying after the pickup with about 20 people in the back lost its wheel about 3 meters infront of us and sparks flew we can tell you (lucky for them and us only sparks oh and a wheel). its really great we spent the day going round alot of the wats in the area and as there are over 200 we only saw but a few, Firstly we went to Angkor Thom , Phnom Bakheng, Ta Keo, Ta Phrom, Banteay Kdei, and most famously we went to Angkor Wat which is one of the most famous sites in Cambodia. Truelly amazing they all especially Angkor Wat and Angkr Thom have left us truelly speechless. I loved them. we stayed here for 2 nights then we caught the bus down to the capital Phnom Penh we arrived mid afternoon and after a really heavy rain/thunder storm we went to Toul Sleng Genocide Museum. The following morning we got up early and visited Choeung Ek (the killing Fields). both these places have touched our hearts and souls to deeply to add into this section and so we are adding another blog for this as we think people reading need to choose whether to look at the blog or not it isnt nice but it is a true situation of a very sad world.
In the afternoon we went to the Royal palace and walked with 2 monks and their family it was great to have a conversatin with them and learn a little in a short time about them. we walked around some markets and saw alot of fresh fish, chickens, frogs all still alive though not for long.
We then went out in the evening and walked along the river and watched the Cambodian people enjoying playing games in the parks one game looked like a badmington shuttlecock but they kicked it like a football. we ate corn on the cob and cambodian rice, henry also had a burger though left half as he remembered being told that alot of dark meat is dog not beef especially burgers and steaks hahaha.
we leave tomorrow for Vietman we are booked on an organised coach company to take us right over the boarder.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb