Seam Reap & Angkor


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
June 21st 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived on yet another long bus journey, this time approx 10hrs and he never took his flipping hand of the hooter, even is there was nothing in his way..... gets to you after a while.....

We arrived at a recommend guesthouse, with a swimming pool - lovely!

Seam Reap is very kitted out for the tourist, but its still a nice place and the people are friendly and always want to talk to you, but there alot of beggers (kids and adults) and a lot of them have some kind of disability, its still hard to understanding why this is the case, when theres expensive cars driving around then people begging.

We went for dinner at a local restuarant called Dead Fish, which used to be a Croc farm, food was good, but there are a few crocs left, but are now pets, rathering than for meat or a new handbag, which you still see on the streets.

We hired a tuk tuk driver for 3 days to visit all the temples, so we are totally templed out now, but they were just breath taking and so happy we have seen them. This is def the highlight of cambodia. As you will see by the pics and these are just some of them(snap happy!)

We saw: Ankor Thom, Angkor Wat, Bayon, Ta Keo, Ta Prohm, Preah Khan, Ta Som, Phnom Bakheng and Preah Ko
(for those who have been here)

The best ones were Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm.

We hired some bikes(push bikes) for $1 bargain, and cycles around the town and thought we would check our the crocodile farm, we thought it was a distance, took us less than a minute, closer than we thought, it was good to feed them but it was quote cruel as there were so many, even a small Gibbon in a cage with nothing in there for him to swing from, poor thing. We sent our last night sunbathing by the pool.

We left Seam Reap by boat to Battambang(24th)



Additional photos below
Photos: 80, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Local MarketLocal Market
Local Market

Just before this pic was taken there was a bloke, late 20's i would say, sitting naked next to a fruit stall, with it all hanging out, yuck!
Dead Fish RestaurantDead Fish Restaurant
Dead Fish Restaurant

Used to be a Croc farm
Bayon TempleBayon Temple
Bayon Temple

I knew my mini trippod would come in handy!


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb