We've slowed down


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Battambang
July 23rd 2015
Published: July 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

You may have noticed we're getting slower and further behind with our posts... We've just slowed down our pace with everything, it's lovely!

But seriously Battambang was fantastic, we hired a bike and did a walking and riding architecture tour. It was really hot so we broke it up with some shopping and aircon time.

That evening we'd arranged to meet Theanly another friend of Louise and Maree for a drink and deliver some paints to him. We had a lovely drink at bric and brac for Morrison's birthday, then off to dinner.

We returned home for an earlyish night only to discover the wedding party under our window that had played dance/pop music the night before, then awoken us with live bands and sermons that morning, was just ramping up again with love songs. Both kids thought this was a great opportunity to climb the walls, while we considered the wisdom of booking our guesthouse for 3 nights. Luckily Cambodian weddings traditionally go for 2 days, another cultural experience!

We had hoped to do a boat tour on Thursday but Theanly was booked out for the week. We contemplated other options and decided what we really needed was a quiet poolside day and possibly a nap. We lunched by the pool and swam and people watched.

Thursday evening we had tickets to the local circus at the art school. So much fun, Agus laughed and screamed and clapped. As usual Elsie was a social star, befriending everyone sitting near us with her smiles and applause and scoring kisses from almost every performer on our way out!

We caught a tuk tuk back to our blissfully quiet room and slept!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb