Luck in Cambodia..........


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
September 25th 2006
Published: September 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We left Bangkok on the 20th of September, going to Siem Reap to see the temples of Angkor. We knew that the way is long and that the locals try to make it longer, for the purpose of exhausting the passengers and get them sleep in a certain guest house. This trip was even worse than expected, longer and much more tiring. The way till the border was good and easy (thai style), however since that point everyone around us tried to get in our pockets. We needed to bribe the border police to give us a vise in 5 minutes, as opposed to 2 hours if we pay the normal fee......... charming, huh?!?!?!
Then we waited for 2 hours for our bus to come, while kids are begging us for money, not letting go.
Then we had 2 flat tires, as there is no paved road on the national road........
We arrived around 23:00 to Siem Reap and as guessed stayed in the "suggested" guest house.
So far so good.........

We went to the temples after 2 nights. It was really amazing (even the second time for half of us), we took really good photos and all. I'm sure everyone would love them.

We decided we've had enough with Siem Reap and wanted to go to Phnom Penh. On the bus, at some point we realize we "lost" our camera, it was stolen from our bag, with our temple photos and some from Thailand.

It was very disappointing and it put us down, but what can you do?!?!?! we figured at least to report to the police (for insurance), although a report would only be filled if we bribe the policeman. We decided to let it go and bought a new camera today. A similar one for not bad of a price.

We're trying to figure our next steps, as our next country destination is Vietnam and for there you need to be precise about when you enter and leave, so we wait till we're sure.

Our spirits are back and we will continue our good times. Hoping for only good news.

We wish Shana Tova to everyone who celebrates, all the best and good luck.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb