lots and lots of temples and lots of photos so it'll take a long time to load


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
April 26th 2006
Published: May 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

so we followed them to the happy guesthouse in Siem Reap. we stayed there becuase it meant that we didn't even have to think to get there because it was all organised by our friends in pnom penh.Its not as nice as the one in pnom penh but it does provide free moto taxi service anywhere you wnat to go which is nice..

anyway the temples... theres a lot of them so prepare for an extravaganza of photos which will probably look all the same to you. they were awesome. we bought a 3 day pass and for the 1st day we did the small circuit and then on the 2nd day we did the big circuit.On the third day we got up to see the sunsrise, but were to tired after that to do anything else..three days of these things is exhausting. can't really remember the names but Angkor Wat was huge and impressive but my favorites were The Bayon temple because it has over 200 faces looking down on you and Ta Pro because the jungle has taken over and the trees are all tangled in the rocks. can't really remember much else as all the temples end up merging into a kind of goop of temples because we saw so many in such a short space of time.

dave

The temples were incredible...they should be settings for childrens novels about fairies or something, they were all mystical and magical... Our moto guys drove us around all day telling us little bits and bobs and then we would wander in and explore, typically Will finding us a restricted area to crawl through or on or over. took alot of pictures..
mika
xxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb