The Temples of Angkor


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
July 31st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

The main (if not only reason) for visiting Siem Reap was to go to the Temples of Angkor.

The temples span over an area as large as Manhattan in the US and were built over a period of 600 years, during this time being occupied by various Kings and had a population larger than London.

We bought a 3 day pass and hired a tuk tuk driver to take us round, starting with the smaller temples on the first day and then leading up to the main attraction that is Angkor Wat, Bayon and Angkor Thom.

I'm not going to write alot about the temples, as they are so vast and there would be pages and pages I could write so I'm just going to let the photos do the talking.

The most amazing temple (in our opinion) was Bayon (with over 200 faces) and Angkor Thom coming a close second.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



8th August 2010

Hi there..Your shot of the ANGKOR THOM temple with the tree overgroing the entrance is actually TA SOM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ta_Som I was there in July , 2010 as well. Going back in a week or so for a few more days...
10th August 2010

Well Spotted
Hey Peter Thank you for spotting that :-) Hope you have a brilliant time back at the temples, we will have to go back one day and visit more. Its amazing how many there actually are and how great an area they are spread over!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb