Brunei


Advertisement
Brunei's flag
Asia » Brunei
June 5th 2006
Published: August 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Air AsiaAir AsiaAir Asia

our charter flight from malaysia! no food, no air con!!! :) fun!
well, from malaysia to brunei. wow!! ever since i have been friends with foo, i have always wanted to go to brunei. i got there and couldn't quite believe i was there! what a spin out!
we took a charter flight (air asia, which is the asian equivalent of virgin blue) from kl... no food, no allocated seats, and.... no air conditioning!! how we survived i'm not quite sure. the flight landed in labuan, malaysia, and from there we had to take a ferry to brunei. we arrived at the port - definitely an experience! now in case you're wondering, you can definitely fly to brunei and arrive in an airport as usual, but we decided we wanted to take the cheapest (and most adventurous 😊 ) way there!!!
brunei is quite similar to sri lanka in appearance, and the weather. lots of green tropical vegetation, and hot humid weather 😊 not too different to malaysia either to be honest... except that there are no skyscrapers and buildings..
a country with money, but the money is not necessarily evident everywhere.
the sultan's palace of course is a different story all together. lots of money, lots of gold, but surprisingly it looks
Arrival in Brunei by Ferry!Arrival in Brunei by Ferry!Arrival in Brunei by Ferry!

we took a local air asia flight from kl to labuan and then a ferry to brunei where foo's dad picked us up. this is my first view of brunei!
quite tasteful. it's hard to see the complete building as it is surrounded by water and very tall palm trees. the entrance was spectacular though, and you can see the palace towering over the trees. you can get the idea...
again, lots of good food... mmmmm. we decided that we'd eat ourselves stupid in asia coz we probably won't be able to afford too much once we get to europe... 😊



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Sultan's PalaceSultan's Palace
Sultan's Palace

the palace towering over the trees surrounding it and protecting it from the view of the public..


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb