september 16th, 2007


Advertisement
Armenia's flag
Asia » Armenia » West » Yerevan
September 17th 2007
Published: September 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last day of the Global Village trip and a great had been planned for us. Melik, David, and Ani picked us up to take us to the Holy See Edminjistan. Being that it was Sunday, both churches we visited had masses in seesion- it was a great experience to see how the traditional Armenian masses were held as well as seeing the historic churches. It was very beautiful, and Ani and David did a wonderful tour of the campus.

Afterwards we went back to Yerevan and had lunch at Square One, a restaurant that served American cuisine. While we were eating, a group of Peace Corps members sat at the table next to us- many were from the US, including one guy from Sterling Hgts who went to high school with my cousin!

In the afternnon, Ani and David took us to the open air market to look for souvenirs. It was a huge market and had everything- old tools, jewelery, you could even adopt a dog!

After the market, we went back to the hotel to clean-up to go to the house dedication. Gohar and Melik picked us up to take us to the home. The homeowners had bbq lamb and a terrrific spread as they welcomed our enitre team and the HFH Armenia staff for the celebration. Typically the house dedication does not have a dinner but since it was our last night, they invited us to stay for the dinner to say farewell. It was a wonderful evening as the priest came to bless the home, then after we ate dinner sharing many toasts of appreication to each other and the family for allowing us to be a part of this special occasion. After dinner, Gohar taught our team a couple tradtional armenian dances to end the night. It was a very memorable night and was a great finale to a wonderful Global Village trip. We look forwrd to conitnuing our partnership, and friendship, with HFH Armenia!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb