September 14th, 2007


Advertisement
Armenia's flag
Asia » Armenia » West » Yerevan
September 14th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we headed straight to the worksite and started the highly anticipated "bucket brigade"! Our task for the day was to carry buckets of the lava rock up to the attic, and to bring enough rocks up to form a 5-6" layer across the entire attic floor. This was a nice break from plastering and painting and gave the team a different experience. Gohar also explained that by our team helping move the lava rock, we were doing something that would be much more difficult for the homeowner to finish by himself. Our team glady accepted the challenge!

A pulley and rope were set-up, hanging from the roof trusses. Hamlet, his brother, Hraj (who has been working with us everyday), and Hamlet's cousin, Sarkis, were in the attic awaiting the filled buckets and would spread them out on the floor. It was good we had plenty of hands to help fill, pass, and send up the buckets- it made the work easier and was actually a lot of fun! It also helped that Amalik, Maliek, Gohar and Hacob helped out as well, as it was pretty hot out and for the most part, were directly in the sun. However, it was much hotter in the attic! By the end of the day, we had done more work than expected and suprisingly completely finished filling the attic floor.

We headed to the Diamond restaurant for dinner, a short walk from the Hotel in Republic Square. It had a variety of options, including "exotic" pizzas. It was another delicious meal- Gohar has certainly done a fantastic job picking out restaurants!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb