Meeting the Kids from the Orphanage (no. 1)


Advertisement
Armenia's flag
Asia » Armenia » East » Ijevan
June 2nd 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

charadescharadescharades

Armenui playing charades as a dinosaur!
Hi guys, Alicja here!

Today we all got up bright and early (well.... at least dad!!!) for a yummy breakfast of crepes stuffed with mincemeat and coriander. Then, after dad left to build, the rest of us went for our second art lesson. It was great and we were drawing still life using special techniques, which, sadly, did not make our drawings look like Van Gogh but they were close enough!

Later in the day, dad met up with us and we went for a fantastic lunch with some kids from the orphanage. We had a really fun time with loads of laughter, photo taking and playing games such as charades where we had to say the word in Armenian or English. We regretted to say goodbye, but we will see them again in a few days.

We later went to the Idjevan market to stock up on toilet cleaners, bleach, chocolates- all the kit needed for survival. But unfortunately it started to rain, as promised in the unreliable weather forecast. As a result we had to go back home, but, for the third time this trip, the car ran out of gas, so we finished the second part of our journey home squished into a fourseater taxi whose doors threatened to break any minute!

We relaxed at home and mum and dad went for a walk while we (secretly) watched Time Bandits on Dad's iPad. Now we're just about to go to sleep so we'll check back in tomorrow.

-The Lost Tribe


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



7th June 2011

Wow
Looks like fun. I will be jealous forever! :)
7th June 2011

Wow
Looks like fun. I will be jealous forever! :)

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb