Going to Victoria Falls


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
September 6th 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -17.93, 25.84

The wake call today was bittersweet. No game drive. A flight to Victoria Falls. About a two hour drive to the airport but it's the only direct flight.

Soon we will have seen Victoria Falls (largest?), Angel Falls (Venezuela in 1989) which is the tallest, Iguazu Falls (Argentina 2014) which are spectacular and of course Niagara Falls. I think we have most of the major waterfalls covered now. According to some websites, these are the top four in the world!

We have a couple of adventures booked so hopefully I can get some good shots.

Made it! Glad we had help with getting here. We had a direct flight but it lands in Zambia. We are staying in Zimbabwe. Very interesting border crossing. We had to purchase a Visa in Zambia. Our driver got our exit stamps in record time. We drive across the bridge to Zimbabwe. We need a Visa for Zimbabwe. You give your paperwork and pay at window 1. Now move to window 2 to collect your passports and visa. We actually enter by "walking" across the border with luggage in tow. Our first driver helps us to meet our second driver and transfer our luggage. He explains it would take a long time to clear him and the vehicle. It's easier to have a driver for each country. Thank you Thompson travel for the arrangements. It was smooth!

The Victoria Falls Hotel is 112 years old. A step back in history! Reminds of the the Grand on Mackinaw Island.

Not much to see today. Tomorrow we see the falls up close. We did see them from the plane. Impressive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb