Travel to Livingstone


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Southern Province » Livingstone
July 28th 2012
Published: July 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

E.. and W.. arrived on time from Doha via Dubai. W.. was very excited to report all his adventures in North Carolina to his dad. He'd had a blast, and wants to do it again next year. If he feels the same way in a month's time, then that will likely be what'll happen next year too. He white water rafted, rapelled off cliffs, crossed various 15m high rope bridges, went on long hikes with overnight camping, mountain biked, and even went to Tennesee and Georgia. Another first for him - he's now visited 3 of the 6 states that N.. has not yet visited. They are still a little jet lagged being on North Carolina time.

Today was a 6+ hour bus ride from Lusaka to Livingstone, on the Zambian side of Victoria Falls. It was a "business class" bus, meaning lots of personal space plus individual TV/entertainment players. There were a few movies on offer plus tons of Tom & Jerry cartoons.

We're staying at Fawlty Towers. Yes, that's the name of the backpackers place here in Livingstone. No Basil, Cybil nor Polly and certainly no Manolo ... yet. Very laid back and relaxing atmosphere.

There's lots of adrenaline pumping activities plus more relaxing laid back activities on offer too. But, first order of business tomorrow is to go see the falls and get on the foot bridge to Zimbabwe. Not sure if we'll cross over into Zimbabwe - It'll depend if we need new Zambian visas to get back or not. We'll ask at immigration in the morning.

If visas are an issue, then we won't be doing day trips into Zimbabwe nor Botswana. Zambia and Botswana share what is probably the world's smallest international crossing at about 75m in width. The acclaimed Chobe NP in Botswana is only about and hour's drive from here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb