The Zambia 2012 Trip is about to depart


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Lusaka
May 20th 2012
Published: May 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Stage with SteveOn Stage with SteveOn Stage with Steve

Allison, Caitie, Andy and Sean get called up on stage to help Steve lead the crowd.
We are almost ready. The second Zambia group from OLP is about to leave for Africa.We have one fundraiser left, this weekend, a commissioning mass over Memorial Day weekend and a packing day, then off we go.

The actual trip dates are June 1 to June 23, 2012. There are 10 of us going: Monica, Mary, Ian, Denis, Sean, Evan, Caitie, Allison, J.P., and Andy. Sandy can’t go on the trip after all, but she is still helping make advance arrangements for when we get there.

Fr. Patrick has e-mailed us and told us that we will spend the first few days in Lusaka and a good deal of the time we will be at St. Theresa Mission in Ibenga. The original plan for starting the school at Kapiri Mposhi is still tied up with negotiations over the land, so we will be working with a couple of other schools instead. We will get a chance to see Kapiri Mposhi, Ndola and possibly Solwezi. The last few days of our trip we will see tourist Africa in Livingstone at Victoria Falls.

The fundraising has gone very well and with the help of many very generous and thoughtful people
Praying the StepsPraying the StepsPraying the Steps

Andy, Evan, Monica, JP, Allison and Sean prepare to start the steps at Mother Cabrini Shrine
(family, friends, and the parish – it restores your faith in your fellow man) we have been able to help everyone offset some of their airfare and their daily on the ground costs in Zambia. We will be bringing a wide variety of materials with us. Laptop computers, college-level texts, clothes, power tools, school supplies, soccer balls, soccer cleats and more. The pictures are from the fundraisers like our prayer day at Mother Cabrini Shine and the Steve Angrisano concert and our service project last December.

Everyone is getting very excited about leaving. 12 days and counting. We are excited about sharing our trip with you. Thank you for your support of us and your interest in our connection with the people of Zambia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Wrapping Gifts for the HomelessWrapping Gifts for the Homeless
Wrapping Gifts for the Homeless

As a group we helped a city-wide Christmas meal and gift-giving event.
Sharing a MealSharing a Meal
Sharing a Meal

After the service project we all went out for pizza and some team building.


21st May 2012

Departure
Dear Group, For those of you who have been before, you will have many more new experiences! For those of you where this is your first trip to Zambia, I am confident that your lives will be touched in ways you will not comprehend in the beginning but that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
22nd May 2012

Most welcome back home
Time does really go by very fast am so excited that you are already preparing to come. My memory of you guys is of Botswana when our tour van was surrounded by elephants and you kept telling me that I was afraid and indeed I was can't wait to have back..... am hoping you will be able to come to my new place am out of the city now " Lusaka"

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb