Victoria Falls, Livingstone, Zambia


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
July 22nd 2014
Published: August 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We have now seen the big three - waterfalls that is. Iguazzu, Victoria and Niagara. Victoria seems to create its own climate. From the hotel we could see the mist rising in the air. We walked down to the falls in brilliant warm sunshine, taking photos as we went particularly of th,many rainbows that seemed to appear and disappear frequently. Suddenly we had to don our ponchos as the water felt like rain falling. It was hard to keep the cameras dry but somehow we managed to take some very unattractive photos of several of us disguised as "drowned rats".

Two days later we got some different views of the falls from a helicopter. What an experience. It was a 12 seater. I was strapped in a,,t the side with fellow traveller, Julie and we thought "wow" we would get some great photos through the window when the door closed. We then realised, somewhat hysterically that there was no window or door for that matter. Our laughter belied our anxiety, but it was exhilarating. We managed to get some great photos after we worked out how to hang on with one hand, stabilise ourselves with one foot. When we got out we were told that the G forces would have stopped us falling out even without seatbelts.

Another great experience


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Kevin and the zebrasKevin and the zebras
Kevin and the zebras

There were zebras and giraffes roaming in the grounds of the Royal Livingstone Hotel where we were staying. Fortunately only the zebras made it close to our rooms.


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb