Sharing some of my pictures from Uganda...


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda
August 26th 2006
Published: August 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I am working on some entries but in the meantime I have been playing with some of the photos I have taken over the past few weeks, an attempt at letting some of my artistic side out. Rather than write an entry here describing where the pictures were taken, etc... I am adding captions to them instead.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Small GirlSmall Girl
Small Girl

This girl was quite cautious when I took her photo but once I showed her the digital picture she started to ham it up for the camera.
Boda-BodasBoda-Bodas
Boda-Bodas

These boda-bodas are waiting outside the market. Although it's dangerous riding around on their motorcycles without a helmut it's the quickest way around town during rush hour.
Ufka BoysUfka Boys
Ufka Boys

A few weekends ago we spent a Sunday at the Ufka House. The Ufkas are a group of about 15 orphans who live together and they are watched over by Isaac who is 22. They support themselves by performing traditional music and dance. These are two of the boys playing around that afternoon.
OmarOmar
Omar

This is a picture of Omar, he had been with with Ufkas for about 1 month when this picture was taken. He was abducted by the LRA rebels, escaped and had spent an unknown amount of time in a IDP camp in Gulu before joining the Ufkas.
Four Kids at Ufka HouseFour Kids at Ufka House
Four Kids at Ufka House

There are some of the neighborhood kids who live near the Ufka House. They came over to watch the music and dancing when the Ufkas performed that afternoon.
Yumm WatermelonYumm Watermelon
Yumm Watermelon

These kids came over to the Ufka House when we cutting some watermelon to help themselves to some slices.
Small Girl on PathSmall Girl on Path
Small Girl on Path

While in Northern Uganda this child was walking along the path from her home to the main street.
Playing in the SandboxPlaying in the Sandbox
Playing in the Sandbox

These two girls were playing on a pile of sand when I happened upon them.
Three Young BoysThree Young Boys
Three Young Boys

These three boys were curious about me as I was visiting their small town near the border with the DRC.
Women DancingWomen Dancing
Women Dancing

These three women were dancing after a focus group we conducted on reproductive health practices in rural northern Uganda.


27th August 2006

great photos
hey les - the photo on the right is really amazing. hope you are doing well and being safe. take care!!! -pat

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb