Uganda be Kidding Me


Advertisement
Africa » Uganda
April 25th 2014
Published: July 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Gah. Chelsea Handler! You stole my blog title. I actually came to a dead stop at the airport bookstore when I saw your latest novel displayed. I also cursed you out...but then I got over it. Hey, it's not like my frivolous little travel blog will ever be anything more than a digital memento for me when I develop onset dementia. But Chelsea, if you ever need another catchy title, give me a ring, b... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Bicycle boyBicycle boy
Bicycle boy

The older kids were less likely to wave and just stare at us, until we interacted, then they were all super friendly.
Ellies!Ellies!
Ellies!

Elephants spotted quite often as we travelled through the different parks of Uganda. They were gorgeous and not all that worried about us.
Charcoal salesCharcoal sales
Charcoal sales

We stopped to buy charcoal from this family, and ended up having a wonderful afternoon interacting with the whole village who all came to see what was going on.
That's not a knifeThat's not a knife
That's not a knife

Travelling overland with interesting people, really make a fantastic trip.
Side Road shoppingSide Road shopping
Side Road shopping

Why don't we have this in Canada? Anywhere you stop, groceries are brought to you.
Mzunga alertMzunga alert
Mzunga alert

Kids just come out of the woodwork when they spot Mzungas in their neighbourhood. These were working in the banana plantation.
Kibale RainforestKibale Rainforest
Kibale Rainforest

Slippy muddy paths through the 700km park, wonderful and miserable at the same time.
The Red Roads of UgandaThe Red Roads of Uganda
The Red Roads of Uganda

Rolling through miles and miles of distance, you are struck by how beautiful the country is.
Pumba lawnmowerPumba lawnmower
Pumba lawnmower

The warthogs were all around our campsite keeping the grass trimmed.
Boda BodaBoda Boda
Boda Boda

The boda boda taxi drivers take up to 3 passengers. I was amazed!
Rwendi Market dayRwendi Market day
Rwendi Market day

To shop for our provisions, we had to rely on local markets. It was a great way to meet Ugandans and get to know them
The all mighty bikeThe all mighty bike
The all mighty bike

I sometimes wish that everyone only had bikes in this world. It brings out the human in us.



26th July 2014

Uganda You
Uganda You stole my heart rings through this blog. So many wonderful observations of life on an overland truck and life passing you by. I relate to all of them. Beautifully written blog with beautiful pictures. May the rest of your trip warm your African heart.
27th July 2014

Hi Mr. Dancer!
I have you to thank for all your wonderful Africanpictures that sparked my interest on. So thank you. We played The Killers - Are we Human or are we Dancer? over and over in the truck, in your honour!
26th July 2014
Hills of Uganda at dawn

Fine adventure!
How wise to go with an overland truck group with stops in luxury backpacker camps! Seems you had a fine balance of familiar ease and also contact with the locals--both people and animals. As a single, Africa had seemed daunting--you've made it much more approachable--thanks.
27th July 2014
Hills of Uganda at dawn

Singles!
Oh yes, it was too daunting for me to figure out on my own, so although I usual loath group travel, this overlander gig is the bomb. Make sure you get a mixed crowd. We saw a few gap-year type tours behaving badly and I would have murdered all of them if I had been on those.
27th July 2014

Too old for camping, Bah!
Good for you Andrea...just another great adventure. You are one of travel blogs great story tellers. A keen eye and sense of observation. Felt like we were right there on the truck with you and attempting to eat that steak. Good show...and waiting for the next installment of which country will Andrea fall in love with next -- you two timing wench.
28th July 2014

The wenched
It can't be helped, this falling in love with every country I go! Definately not the camping I grew up doing in Canada. This is glamping! Anways, I hope all is well Binkleys. Where to next for you?
28th July 2014

Damn that Chelsea Handler!
I so love your blogs Andrea...and the way you seem to gravitate to aussies :)
28th July 2014

Oi!
Aussies by far are the best travelmates. Where have you been lately mate? I am so behind on my TB reading it is appalling!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb