Bujagali falls


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda
October 31st 2011
Published: October 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left rafting and eventually got to our accommodation for the night and quickly fell asleep. We woke up the next morning to the sound of rapids, (the same sound you hear when waking up at Croyde with the sound of waves crashing) which was masked over the night before by the Halloween party and very English playlist of music. We also couldn’t see the evening before because it was dark so were surprised to see an amazing view overlooking to river Nile, which is where we had out breakfast.

We woke at about 7 30, had breakfast and walked down the Nile, relaxing, as I could feel a twinge in my knee from the day before and burnt on my knees, shoulders and most annoyingly, my bottom lip. After a nice walk down the river (the same river that Megan called a stream and a lake the day before) we found some shade and a soda and watched the power of the rapids and the wildlife around. It was very strange being a tourist and being found to do things tourists do as well. As we went for our stole the locals were washing their clothes in the river and left out to dry on nearby rocks. There were little boys splashing about in the quite part of the water, going for a nice paddle and people in boats catching fish, old style.

We jumped on a boda boda, for our first time in 2 months, to get to the bus which would take us back home. We are now home, I am writing this, it is 8 30pm and we are shattered.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb