Queen Elizabeth National Park -- Part 2


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Western Region » Queen Elizabeth NP
November 9th 2017
Published: January 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Things were looking up weather-wise. For a second day in a row, it was mostly hot and sunny, with the heavy rains taking place at night. Today was spent visiting the northern part of the the park. The draw here is a boat ride along the Kazinga Channel to see wildlife from the river. There wasn't a lot to see, but the drive thru the park and the boat ride both made for a relaxing day. However, as we were leaving the park at the end of the day, word got out that there was a leopard walking around outside of the park gates, so the race was on among all the drivers to get to it first for the best viewing -- and hopes for a bigger tip. We got there before most, but others would park right in front of us, blocking my view. I thought my driver could have been more aggressive, but he was passive about it. No big tip for you! The cats tend not to venture to the northern part of the park, so this surprise visit capped off another wonderful day of being out in the bush.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Kazinga ChannelKazinga Channel
Kazinga Channel

In South Africa, there is a town that is overrun by hippos at night. You are driving down the main street and see hippos walking alongside you. For some reason, they are attracted to the pumps at gas stations.
Interesting story about these birdsInteresting story about these birds
Interesting story about these birds

I can't remember what type of birds these are, but after they eat, they have to face toward the sun, which helps digest their food for them. Without the sun, they'd choke to death on their food.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb