Jinja adventures


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Eastern Region » Jinja
June 19th 2014
Published: July 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

19 June: Jinja, Uganda

Being able to sleep in was quite nice as our activity today is only horseback riding at 2PM for two hours. Samantha and I decided to get some laundry done after breakfast. Breakfast was fruit and yogurt for me at the restaurant at the campsite as that was one of the food options on the menus that I could eat and it turned out tasty.

After our laundry, we enjoy a little time to read and get ready for horseback riding. Before heading off horseback riding we had lunch which was a nice chicken avocado with coleslaw.

For horseback riding, we had a boatman take us across the rive. Along he way, was really nice to seeing different birds and enjoying a nice ride with Julie, Mirium, Samantha and Myself. Once we reached the other side, we hiked up this nice muddy hill (as it had just rained for a couple hours over our lunch) to reach the horse riding place. An Australian owner met us and went through the information before we go on our horses. My horse was named JD (Jack Daniels). We went riding through the trading village of about 500 people. Our guides were Frances and Daniel. Because Mirium had been riding before, she wanted to do some trotting and such. I decided to join her while the other two enjoyed a relaxing ride for their first time. I was taught by Daniel how to do a trot and canter. Was really neat and a lot of fun. Although, on the second canter we did canter, a dog jumped out and scared the horses. I lost my footing and was holding on for dear life shouting stop at our guide. Thankfully, we stopped and everything was fine. We ended the ride by going along the lake with a tortoise view.

After returning from horseback riding, we had a relaxing evening and I was excited to call family with the wifi at our campsite.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb