A little help


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Eastern Region » Jinja
January 31st 2011
Published: January 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Let me introduce you someone really special to me. Alien - a 3-years-old princess who cries the most and laughs the most of the whole family. She is one of 30 kids who live with us under the same roof. An orphanage can seem a sad place, but because of Alien it’s the most alive place on the earth.

I have gotten used to calling her Princess. Why? Because even barefoot, sitting on the ground and playing with a stick she has a sort of elegant grace about her and above all she loves attention. She wants sweets, she wants to be carried, she wants to see everything and she wants to be hugged. If she doesn’t get what she wants – be careful – because she could scare the biggest lion in Africa with her whining and screaming. Even the biggest lion would give her what she wants looking into her big soulful and unbelievably charming eyes. So why do I love her so much? Because even in this world of poverty and around 75% illiteracy she is the one who really WANTS things. Her curiosity pushes her ahead and she has no intentions of compromising with the world she was born in. She could be a brilliant lawyer or the most cunning businesswomen ever.

Today it’s the first day of school. But Aileen couldn’t join her peers. In our orphanage there is not always enough rice to feed all 30 children and there is no money to send all of them to school. So my goal became to find somebody who could sponsor Aileen’s education, clothing and medical expenses (for example last week Aileen was diagnosed with Malaria) by paying 20euros per month. The point of this donation is not to support Aileen for the rest of her life, but to give her the opportunity to create a strong foundation so she can survive and flourish by herself in the future.

For sure you’ve heard about distance adoption. This is the best possibly way to engage in helping children and the most rewarding – seeing kids’ steps and staying in touch with them. Being here I can assure you that the money will go where it should. For Aileen it is the chance of a lifetime. So please - if you could spend 20 euro per month and give my little Princess the opportunity to go to school JUST GO FOR IT! And I'm telling you – it will give you a great deal of satisfaction.

Hope to hear from you!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb