Niles and Tribulations


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Eastern Region » Jinja
February 19th 2009
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

RaftasticRaftasticRaftastic

Here is a photo of the same people we've been hanging out with, only this time they're wearing life vests and helmets. This is just before we left for our rafting trip. Sarah and I are in the back left looking very nervous
We crossed the border this past weekend to Uganda and rafted the Nile River from where it is released from Lake Victoria. It was a day long trip of white water rafting complete with four class 5 rapids, one class 6 rapid (unraftable), crocodiles, backpackers, and everyone getting dumped from the raft. The Nile has some of the best rafting in the world not just because of the extreme drop in elevation after it leaves Lake Victoria, but also because there is so much water, that there is minimal risks of getting mashed against a rock when you do fall out, which is inevitable. This coming weekend is our last in Africa, and I don't expect that we will do anything too interesting. We may post one more blog entry, but for further updates on our lives, you'll just have to call us, or come hang out starting next Thursday. Thank you for reading.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The Red Pony...The Red Pony...
The Red Pony...

is a John Steinbeck novel. My hair is long enough now that it can be put into a pony tail. The only advantage of this is that it is slightly less trashy than the mullet I normally wear.
View From Up TopView From Up Top
View From Up Top

Here is the view of the Nile from our campsite. As you can see, and I am sure remember from 4th grade social studies class, its a huge and beautiful river.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb