kids in school


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Kampala
October 28th 2011
Published: October 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

All the kids in the class are hilarious.
We teach them colours and shapes and fruits as well as other things.
We often cover colours with our flash cards. We have just been listening to one of the teachers singing a song about colours in which they repeat the name of the colour a lot in one song e.g. red is my favourite colour, red is the best, whilst waving the flash card. The children are then asked what colour is this? To which one of them shouted out BLUE. Hilarious.

We were talking about different fruits and has some laid out on the table in front of them asking what each fruit and veg is e.g. orange, apple, beans, pepper etc etc. when it gets to anything green they generally just call it greeny’s. Knowing that they struggle with colours I asked them all which colour greeny’s are and they all replied with their separate answers none of them green.

Shapes is another one often producing laughs… we work through 4 shapes, square, rectangle, triangle and circle. They all know circle but the other three are a little hard. When show them the flash card of a different shape it goes quite, waiting for their brains to get thinking. Lillian just pops out with a huge rolling, RRRRRRRECTANGLE. It’s the first one that comes to mind. The second is triangle and the final one the need a bit of reminding so we make a sqw sound and then as to beat all the others they shout square in their Ugandan accents.

Our school days are full of laughs. Love it.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb